As you know by, there is always more to learn as a manager. Marathon runners don’t just do one training run before the race. They set a daily plan with milestones along the way until they reach their goal. Leadership development is a similar gradual process, except your “finish line” will move and change over time. Here are some strategies to uphold your management training plan:
- Subscribe to relevant leadership platforms to help you start (such as blogs and podcasts). Some prominent sites include The Harvard Business Review, Workforce, and Forbes.
- Follow leadership experts on social media. They often share their articles and insight there.
- Take stock of how you’re progressing. After you check-in with your team, take time aside to note their feedback and areas of improvement.
- Set one manageable goal per month and focus on that. For example, you can devote one month to improving your communication skills.
- Keep your management mentor meetings active! Write down any challenges or questions you have, and have them ready with you meet with your mentor.
Source: Our new e-book Your First 50 Days, available for download!Get Your Free Copy!